Monday, March 17, 2014

His Mercies Are New

Not that I am OCD or anything (ahem), but I am enjoying this sponging combined with water droplets and white embossing that I had to do it again.  :)  I changed up the colors a bit...I kept the Tim Holtz distressing ink Broken China but mixed it up with some purple instead because I knew I wanted to do a hummingbird.  I also got to use my new Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic pens which are just cool.  

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, hummingbird, scripture, handmade card, card

The metallic pens are so shimmery in real life and bright in real life when the sun hits it.  The only problem (and advantage at times) is that they write on black wonderfully so I had to be careful to leave some of the stamped image visible. To do the embossing along the oval cut out I used my Versamarker pen (my first papercrafting purchase years ago!) along the inner edge.


Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, hummingbird, scripture, handmade card, card

Recipe: 
Ink:  Tim Holtz Broken China, SU Marvelous Magenta
Dies:  SB Oval
Accessories:  White embossing powder

This is a case of this week's muse at Case Study Challenge:


Challenges I am Playing in: