Monday, April 28, 2014

Miss you

I love this soft blue and green color combination.  For the background, I just did a color wash with my watercolors and made a more vibrant strip so I could stamp my sentiment on it later.  I love the embossed background in this week's Case Study and of course the butterfly and the little tags sticking out.  With my stardust pen, I traced the stamped image - I love how there's just a shimmer on the butterfly in real life.  The little details really do make such a difference.


Diana Nguyen, CAS, butterfly, Hero Arts, watercolor, verve

 I layered the butterfly so that one set of wings could pop up for some extra interest and dimension.

Diana Nguyen, CAS, butterfly, Hero Arts, watercolor, verve


Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve You and I, Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and Flowers
Accessories:  SB A2 Matting Basic dies, wire, Darise honeycomb embossing folder