Thursday, May 1, 2014

God is Able

Playing along with MojoMonday today and wouldn't you know it, I did something with butterflies again.  :)  All the butterflies here were sponged with SU Glorious Green, Memento Bahama Blue, and then SU Lovely Lilac around the edges.  For my background, I was inspired by this week's Case Study to make panels of color blocking so I masked and used the same colors for my color block - only with a much lighter hand.   I knew I wanted a window of sorts like the heart from the Case Study for the butterflies but the butterflies didn't pop as much as I would like until I added vellum to the panel to soften the background a bit.  Then of course I added the star dust pen to the wings.  Thanks for looking!


Diana Nguyen, Hero Arts, Verve, butterflies, card

Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Each Day, Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and Flowers
Inks:  SU Glorious Green, Memento Bahama Blue, and SU Lovely Lilac
Accessories:  Sakura Star Dust pen, wire, EK success trellis punch, vellum

  

Challenges I am Playing in: