Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dotty Hello

Yay for public libraries with wifi!  I could be at home doing laundry but I wanted to post this card up quickly while the boys are picking out their library books... no internet means no mini-breaks from chores for me today.  ;)  This will probably be one of those good things. 

I just loved the layout from this week's muse Shari Carroll at Case StudyChallenge - and the dots and all those little elements that are just wonderful together.  For my card this week, I used a similar layout as well as the circle elements.  I punched 1 inch circles and glued them on for my background panel.  Then I die-cut "hello" from Indigo Island cardstock as well as the butterfly.  After adding some sequins to my card, I brushed on Wink of Stella to the "hello" but it just didn't look quite right - so I die-cut another set of 'hello" from my white card stock and placed in above the indigo for a shadow effect.  Much better!  Thanks so much for looking!

hello card, lawn fawn, alphabet, card, Diana Nguyen

Recipe:
Dies:  Lawn Fawn Lower case alphabet
Paper:  White and Indigo Island Cardstock
Accessories:  1 inch circle punch, butterfly punches, Wink of Stella Glitter Pen



Challenges I am playing in:


Thank you so much for looking!