Thursday, March 6, 2014

Be Still

I have the hardest time using the smaller dies in the sets I buy.  I usually use the two largest ones and wonder what to do with the other 3 or 4 smaller pieces - which is really not a good use of my budget.  So I was determined to not only use my scraps but also those smaller dies.  The smaller square is framed by the corner pieces from the Marvelous Squares set... didn't even realize they were corner pieces until I cut them out and discovered they weren't attached to each other!  Lol!  My card was based on this week's MojoMonday's sketch and Verve Spring Has Sprung March Inspiration photo.  I moved my bow over and used a butterfly in lieu of the smaller square panel.

  


Diana Nguyen, Verve, Cards with Scripture

Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Be Still Plain Jane
Dies:  Marvelous Squares, Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Accessories:  Crushed silk ribbon, twine, button, pearls

Challenges I am playing in:

Edited to add:  I'm linking this up to December Diva Dare Favorite Things.  This is still one of my favorite cards and verse.

11 comments:

  1. This is such a very pretty card.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the sentiment and the SB dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness...this is just gorgeous. LOVE the soft pink and warm brown together accented beautifully with the crisp white. Butterflies are a favorite of mine. Really, this is outstanding! Thank you so much for joining us for our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. We always appreciate the support we receive through the creative participation of creative artists like you. We do hope you'll keep coming back to share your talents.
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another STUNNING card, Diana. SO lovely. I tell you, Verve is blessed to have you on their team. You are amazing, and I thank you for sharing your talents with us. Have a great week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win!! your card is stunning : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowser! Absolutely the most beautiful card I've seen in a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most beautiful card I've seen for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a stunning card! Congrats on your Mojo win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still stunning and definitely worthy of another comment! Love all the elegant details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite verses and you have framed it beautifully. Such a soft feel to this card. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!