Tuesday, October 7, 2014

SIlver Christmas

Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?  This week's Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs is very easy and perfect if you want to get started:  Anything Goes!  This month's release is full of beauties.  Here I used a couple of them to make a very sparkly, silvery Christmas card.  For my background, I embossed in silver the Noel Ornament.  LOVE the different fonts forming the round shape.  Then I played with my distress inks and Perfect Pearls to make a starry night look.  I knew I wanted to make a poinsettia with silver craft metal sheet (the aluminum side of any craft metal sheet) and I wanted a darker background so it would really pop.  I found in my tiny stash of washi tape some glittery ones and I used that to make my matted border.  

Our Daily Bread Designs, Peaceful Poinsettias, Noel Ornament, Christmas, Diana Nguyen

Recipe:
Stamps:  ODBD Noel Ornament
Ink:  Tim Holtz Seedless Preserves and Broken China
Accessories:  Perfect Pearls, Rhinestones, Silver glitter washi tape, Craft Metal Sheet

And make sure you check out my fellow DT sisters for more wonderful inspiration:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until October 19, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.


Challenges I am playing in:


CHALLENGE 45


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeously stunning card Diana! GORGEOUS poinsettias - LOVE the silver! And your background is awesome! Love the embossing and you're so clever with your distress inks (and perfect pearls) - definitely looks like a night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning Diana!! I just love the ornament stamped in the background, embossed and the embossing resist. The silver poinsettia is a gorgeous touch!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous, such a beautiful poinsettia, I love that you made it from metal!! your starry background is spectacular, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Diana!!! I LOVE the blue and silver together and the silver embossing! So elegant looking, knocks my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Diana, this is gorgeous! I love blue and silver for Christmas, and your background is stunning! And your silver poinsettia just sparkle with shine on the background for one absolutely beautiful card! What a great way to start your Christmas cards! Thanks for the inspiration, sweet friend! I so love your work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, I saw your card on the ODBD blog for this week's challenge, and had to come take a closer look. It's wonderful! Love that silver and blue color scheme, and all the shine from the die cuts, Perfect Pearls, and washi tape. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous.....love the dazzle effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite stunning! Absolutely love the background, the colors and, of course, the metal poinsettias! Wish I was on your Christmas card list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!