Monday, November 17, 2014

Verve Guest Designer Day 1 - Christmas Shaker Card

Welcome to Verve's November 2014 Spotlight Hops!   

Verve Holiday Spotlight Hops

If you've come from the talented Amber's blog, you're in the right place. If you just happened upon the hop, you can check the hop list below to get caught up.

Imagine my sheer pleasure when in my inbox there was an email from Julee Tilman of Verve asking me to be a guest designer for this new release.  Verve is one of my very favorite stamp companies - which you can probably tell by the sheer number of cards I make with their products.  The graphics and fonts are just always wonderful.  

Over the next few days the Verve Divas and special guests will be spotlighting 3 new sets, a plain jane and 2 coordinating die sets! Everything previewed this week will be available in the Verve online store on Thursday, 11/20. So come hop along with us and see what's new at Verve!

Today's spotlight is shining on the Light My World set illustrated by Chaitali Narla and the new Holiday Sequin Mix.  Here's my card using these new goodies:

Verve, Light my world, Christmas, card, candle, Diana Nguyen

I must admit that while I was making it, I wondered how appropriate it was to combine candles and a shaker card.  But it's only an image and not a real flame!  So shake away!  To color the candles and flowers, I first embossed in gold and used copics to color the vellum underneath.  I squeezed a bit of my white Staz-On opaque refill onto my craft sheet to paint the candles.  I also do an extra set of poinsettias at the bottom so that I could fussy cut it and pop it up in front of the frame which is cut from gold craft metal sheets.  The sequins from the Holiday Mix are perfect colors to go with this card - so fun!



Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for a little more about our new products, an introduction of our 2 fabulous guest divas, and all the prize info and deadlines!
Light My WorldHoliday Sequin Mix


Day 1 Hop List
1. Julee7. Charmaine
2. Laurie8. Stacey
3. Chaitali9. Teresa
4. Marisa10. Andrea
5. Amber11. Nancy
6. Diana

Next on the hop is the creative 
Charmaine - you'll be inspired by what she's made!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Light My World
Paper:  Neenah White and SU Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Staz-On Opaque White
Dies:  Spellbinders Matting Basics A
Accessories:  Holiday Sequin Mix, foam tape, Copics and gold craft metal sheet


42 comments:

  1. What a pleasure to see you on here as a guest designer. Your card is just lovely and so different with its use of the sequins as the shaker part. Looking forward to the rest of the week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty shaker card...love the Christmas candles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I Love the gold embossed poinsettias... It really makes them pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Diana! Love the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shaker card and gold embossing! Annette P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful...reminds me of snow globes and twinkling Christmas lights. And putting out our candles in the windows is always our first sign that Christmas is coming! Love your representation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the card is so pretty. Guess you would wonder about having a shaker with candles - luckily they are lit.
    thanks for sharing a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Loved the embossing on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candles/lights in the windows are a lovely Christmas tradition and I think you captured it beautifully with your shaker treatment.I'm glad to be guest designing with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card - love your use of the vellum and the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shaker card is beautiful! I love how you used vellum & softened the look of the sequins! The candles are a beautiful touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design work Diana! Really lovely. Congrats on your Guest Diva spot. What an honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shaker card. Love the sequins and the image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, now you are making me want to try to make my very first shaker card. How beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the gold embossing and the candles. Absolutely beautiful shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shaker card!! Love the gold embossing and the gold frame! Great dimension with the layered poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the shaker card idea and the golden frame you created. They really pop on the white card base! This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your BEAUTIFUL shaker card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card and appreciate you sharing your creative talents with us! Love the sequins in the shaker box!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous!! The gold is the perfect back drop for the sequined shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous. I love that this is a shaker card. These sequins are beautiful and so is all the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is awesome. Love the gold and the idea of a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowza your card is amazing! Congrats on being a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is beautiful congrats on your guest spot cant wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautiful card. Love that it is a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love shaker cards... and this one is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the candles and the different colored sequins.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my! I literally sat here for several minutes taking in all the elements of this card. I love the layout and details. So beautiful. Whoever gets this card is one lucky person!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun design! The flowers and candles are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. such a gorgeous shaker card!! the candle is awesome!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is stunning! I always love a shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a pretty shaker card with these pretty candles. I like the way you have mounted some of the poinsettias on the front of the shaker panel. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on being asked to be a guest designer! That must have been shocking (in a good way!). This is a beautiful card. Shaker cards are always so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a gorgeous shaker card! Love those candles too! Well done...can't imagine being asked to be a guest designer...Congrats and well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a gorgeous shaker card! I love all of the shimmer and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card! Love those sequins in the shaker window.

    ReplyDelete
  37. velum over the sequins looks super on your card

    ReplyDelete
  38. what a great shaker card...love that you did your "window" out of vellum!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. shaker and candles, amazing combination!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This card is so beautiful! I also love creating shaker cards - they are so much fun! What a great release! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!