Tuesday, December 2, 2014

ODBD Christmas

So is everything decorated in your house for Christmas?  Did you wait until after Thanksgiving or not?  I always like to put up my tree and decorations the day after Christmas but this year I did it right before because I know I'll be tired after Thanksgiving... a good tired - but still too tired to haul everything out.  

But on to my card for this month's first Shining the Light Challenge: Christmas with ODBD!  ODBD has so many beautiful stamps for this most wonderful holiday as well as some great designer paper.  I used one of the silver colored metallic sheets from the Winter Collection 2014 for my background.  The ornament was made with the Noel Ornament stamped and silver embossed.  After die cutting it, I masked an area for the shiny spot on an ornament and sponged red all around.  

Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Our Daily Bread Designs, Noel Ornament

I topped off my ornament with a red poinsettia and silver ribbon.  A few sequins thrown on top completed this Christmas card.


Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Our Daily Bread Designs, Noel Ornament

Recipe:
Ink:  Distress Ink Brick Red
Accessories:  Sequins

 For more Christmas inspiration, please visit my fellow Challenge team members' blogs:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until December 14, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.

Challenges I am playing in:
Virginia's View 10:  All things Distressed
Simon Says Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday



10 comments:

  1. Diana this is so pretty! It's elegant and classy! Love the red ornament on the silver dp! The poinsettia is the perfect topper!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Diana!! I so love the ornament with the use of the embossing resist and the red ink as well as the part that is not inked. It really makes it pop!! Your poinsettia and your elegant touches makes your creation exquisite!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diana, I love your ornament with the print on it and also the beautiful paper and sequins! Your card is dazzling!! Lovely poinsettia as well!! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card!! I love this ornament with the poinsettia on top, it adds so much detail!! beautiful edition of the sequins also!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Diana, what a gorgeous card! Your cards always delight me with their elegant simplicity...not that they are easy to make! I love how you've made your ornament "shine" - how clever! And the beautiful poinsettia at the top with the silver cord finish it perfectly! Beautiful paper with the perfect matting and finishing sequins! Another beauty, and I so appreciate your special gift, my sweet friend! No, we've not yet gotten to decorating yet, but I hope so soon! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card Diana! I love how you've masked off the shiny spot and then inked over your ornament. Your embossing is beautiful as is your poinsettia and I love the added sequins. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous use of sequins! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your card Diana! Very creative how you masked the ornament and sponged the red! Love the poinsettia top and silver sequins too! Quite lovely! Thanks for your prayers! I would have taken you up on the egg drop soup! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossing is amazing, Diana! Love your attentions to details and design! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!