Tuesday, April 21, 2015

New Mercies

I had a fun time playing with my youngest yesterday.  He wanted to play with watercolors but I couldn't find my spritzer so we tried something else.  I grabbed some cups, our food coloring and some dishwashing liquid... and a straw!  He blew bubbles into the cups until they overflowed onto the watercolor paper.  We only used the four basic colors (red, blue, green, and yellow) and I loved the results...and they looked even better once it dried.  Just let the bubbles pop on their own and dry naturally.  It was fascinating to watch the colors move as the bubbles pop.


Once dried, I used MFT Blueprint 13 large stitched rectangle to trim it down.  I added some Hero Arts butterflies and the Fancy Flourish from Cheery Lynn.  The sentiment is from Verve's New Mercies set.  I brushed my butterflies with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and added clear dew drops.  Since I already had the butterflies colored and cut from previous projects, this card took only 5 minutes to put together.  

Diana Nguyen, Cheery Lynn, Hero Arts, bubbles, My Favorite Things, Verve

I just love this background!  The effect is just stunning.  Good thing I have 4 boy to put to work!  :)  Hope you like it and get a chance to play too!

Challenges I am playing in:


5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful background for that lovely vine and Butterflies. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We hope to see you again next week.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!! I love the inking of your background, Diane! Your budding artist is so cute. It's awesome that you can play watercoloring with your little guy! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge! AND I'm so glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Layers and Dimensions” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! Love the bubbles... it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Diana, and it shows that we don't always NEED the special supplies to achieve such a gorgeous background for these butterflies and flourish. And I love this precious sentiment from God's Word! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. And I love the sentiment :) God's Word is our BEST resource :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!