Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sorority Panda


Hello, today I am sharing a card I made for a very specific purpose.  My niece is in this sorority and apparently they have this thing they do for their "littles" and this year she is to gift her with panda themed things.  So I made this little shaker card with a panda holding the balloons with the colors of her sorority.  

To make this shaker card, I started with the large stitched die from MFT Blueprint 13 and cut two in white card stock. On one of them, I cut a window out using a diagonal stitched square die.  I then stamped my sentiment from Verve and also adhered a sheet of clear cardstock one with 1/8 Scor-tape.  On the other one, I sponged some Evergreen Bough and Squeezed Lemonade and glued Memory Box Bamboo Shoots out of green card stock with Art Institute glue to make my background through the front window.  I used some foam tape to pop up my window and added some green beads and sequins inside my shaker element.

I then popped up a fussy cut panda from Mama Elephant's Pandemonium and some balloons from the ODBD Happy Birthday die set.  I also popped up the top balloons with small Joy! foam pads and tucked my silver twine to go from the balloons to the panda's hand.
Diana Nguyen, Memory box, Verve, mama elephant, panda, bamboo, balloon

Thank you so much for looking!


2 comments:

  1. This is positively adorable! Love that sweet little panda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I have to wonder if the sorority is Sigma Kappa. The colors look very much like the ones of my daughter's sorority at Lock Haven University. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!