Saturday, August 20, 2016

Brrrrrrr...

 Well, it's only "Brrrrrrr" in my craft room because it's in the basement and therefore the coolest spot in the house... and because I made this very fun shaker card using Poppystamps Sparkling Corner Snowflake with the new Quietfire's Brrrrr metal die.  Maybe it's because I have kids but interactive cards are so fun to make and play with once done.

I first die cut out a white frame using nesting Rectangle dies (Spellbinders Matting Basics A here) and then die-cutting the snowflake corner and Brrrrrrr out of white card stock.  I adhered the snowflake corner to the back of the white frame, trimmed off the excess and then glued all that on a sheet of clear acetate.  I made an ombre blue background so that the delicate snowflakes would show and added sequins in white, silver, light blue, and royal blue for my shaker elements.



When I added the Brrrrrrr, I realized that it kind of disappeared because of the light background so I die-cut it out of the same blue as my card base and gave it a shadow effect by gluing the second Brrrrrrr slightly off.  I then adhered them to the front of the card.




Challenges I am playing in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!