Tuesday, March 4, 2014

ODBDSLC193 Metal or sweets- Anniversary challenge 1

This month Our Daily Bread is celebrating their 6th anniversary.  So all the challenges this month will relate to the 6th anniversary.  The first challenge is to create something with iron or sweets since that is the traditional gift.  I went with a metal dragonfly that I had just picked up at Michaels.  It was perfect for my card using one of ODBD's new releases this month.  This was a case of this card here; I just changed the center image and embossing folder.  I love this spotlight effect.


Diana Nguyen, Zinnia, Our Daily Bread Designs, handmade card



Recipe:

Stamps: ODBD Zinnias
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Two
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder, ribbon, Momenta Metal Dragonly, Watercolor pencils

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my challenge team sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here. You have until Sunday, March 9th to join us. For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana, this is gorgeous! I just live the spotlight technique, and you've done it beautifully, sweet friend!! So sorry yo hear of all the snow! Keep warm, precious friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty!! I LOVE the dragonfly!! What a great metal embellishment! Love the way you spotlighted part of the flower too...awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty!! You've done great things with this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Diana!! I just love your use of spotlighting, all the white space and your layering. Gorgeous my friend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana, I like your card very much! I have a question for you, I don't get exactly the sweet theme of the current ODB challenge. Would a flower be sweet? Or only fruit is considered? I ask this because in some of the DT cards I can't tell wether they used metal or sweet. gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Graciellie, the theme is open to interpretation. A flower would definitely be sweet. You can also use candy or honey. Some of the DT used metal but then they painted over it so it was not easily spotted. If you're not sure, just let us know in your description your interpretation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this soft yet elegant beauty! Beautiful textures and beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!