Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rainbow Butterflies (yes, another one)

I made another rainbow butterfly card today using a tiny stamp in Just Rite Botanical Butterfly set.  I'm really annoyed right now that my photoshop is not working and it's so cloudy outside I can't get the right light. My card doesn't look like it does in real life - on a crisp white background.  Oh, well... but the card was really fun to make.  I traced a circle lightly in pencil and then stamped each butterfly in different inks, aligning the bodies with the pencil line.  Then I colored my rhinestones with my Spectrum Noir markers to match the inks.  I thought about randomly placing them but my desk is such a mess, I couldn't handle any more randomness.  Lastly, I did a line of rhinestones below my sentiment.  Thank you so much for looking!


Diana Nguyen, JustRite, CAS, butterfly, handmade cards


Diana Nguyen, JustRite, CAS, butterfly, handmade cards


Recipe:  
Ink:  Rose Red, Only Orange, Summer Sun, Sage Shadow, Taken with Teal,  Ballet Blue, Lovely Lilac
Accessories:  Rhinestone and Spectrum Noir markers

Challenges I am Playing in:
SCS TLC472 and WT470


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, CAS yet so elegant! Love that you kept the jewels the same as the butterflies, perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Diana! Love how you kept it so simple, yet made the colors pop and added some bling. Really, really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really aced this CAS card challenge. Your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!