Monday, March 10, 2014

Rainbow Butterflies

I'm trying a new technique today - using the same stamp and different inks to create a rainbow effect.  And what better image to do that than a butterfly?  JustRite's Botanical Butterflies has a clear single butterfly image that was perfect to try this technique on.  For the sentiment, I embossed in white a simple Thank you. My card was also based on this week's CAS(e) this Sketch:


Recipe:  
Stamps:   JustRite Botanical Butterflies, JustRite Heart to Heart Set (retired)
Paper:  Recollection, Bazzill Rain Forest
Ink:  Rose Red, Only Orange, Summer Sun, Sage Shadow, Ballet Blue, Lovely Lilac
Accessories:  Ribbon, Twine, Corner Punch, white embossing powder

Challenges I am Playing in:


8 comments:

  1. This card is AWESOME!! I love the bright butterflies on the tag! Beautiful layout! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what gorgeous butterflies, I am so luvin the layered color...I am thrilled you played along with the Simon Says Stamp Tag It Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so striking & lovely! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the multi stamped butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful….. love the rainbow of color against the black/white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card, Diana. The stamped butterflies in rainbow colors are so beautiful. Love it. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! All the colours with the B&W is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Diana! I tried contacting you on google+ but it must not have worked. I couldn't find a way on your site to contact you via e-mail so I'll give this a try. ;) I wanted to congratulate you on your win at CAS(E) this Sketch and invite you to be a guest designer for us. If you could just e-mail me through my website or through the link on CAS(E) this Sketch if you are interested in guest designing for us, I'll send you the info and the sketch! Thanks! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!