Thursday, April 10, 2014

You Lift Me Up

I think hot air balloons are just so neat!  This image is a free digital stamp from Bird's Cards.  I tried coloring in watercolor pencils and then markers but it just didn't look smooth enough.  I finally resorted to masking and sponging - *so* much better!  I added some white Gelly Roll to capture some sun reflecting off the top.  I had embossed a sheet with the cloud embossing folder and tilted the rectangular die because I knew I wanted the clouds to lay straight even if the panel was tilted.  Then I realized it looks really neat to lay the panel right back on so that the clouds lined up on both layers. (I just read that and it sounds jumbled but my brain is not working quite right this morning.  I hope you understand what I was trying to say.)

Diana Nguyen, hot air balloon, Verve, handmade, card

Recipe:
Paper:  DCWV Christmas Stack
Ink:  SU! Rose Red, Only Orange, Summer Sun, Glorious Green, Taken with Teal and Brocade Blue
Accesories:  SB A2 Matting Basics, twine, Darise Cloud ef, white Gelly Roll pen

    

Challenges I am Playing in:




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful balloon!! Love the vibrant colors! Wasn't that a fun sketch! It goes fantastic with your balloon and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Masking and sponging sounds complicated, but the end result is fabulous. I am a huge fan of Bird's site and Verve also....love the way you used the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colorful balloon is just awesome! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Diana! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!