Friday, May 30, 2014

Happy Birthday wishes

With the end of the school year coming, I haven't had much chance to play in my craft room... even though I'm having a hard time making sure homework is done and my goodness, so much stuff is coming home.  So lots to do yet nothing seems to be done!  But I got my package from Verve yesterday and that means I MUST play.  :)

My favorite thing to do with tall and skinny cards is to have something hang over the edge because I know it will still fit in a standard A2 envelope.  I shaded my leaves with some Copics and also the larger circle.  I love the bright and clean colors here but the card wasn't quite done until I added some pearls

Diana Nguyen, Verve, poppy birthday, card

Then I also traced the edges of my poppy and circle with my stardust pen.  It never photographs well but I love the touch of shimmer it always add.  Thanks for looking!


Recipe:
Dies:  Verve Sprightly Sprigs and SB Standard Circles
Accessories:  Copics, Baby pearls and Sakura Stardust Pen


Challenges I am Playing In:



9 comments:

  1. Love the clean look, yet so much color! This would be a great card for anyone's birthday. Thank you for joining the Classy Cards 'n Such Birthday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us in this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just absolutely beautiful! Love how the soft green background makes the other colors so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is gorgeous! I love the bold colors and those pretty pearls! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, your card is so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this flower, Diana. Just SO sweet. Thanks for sharing with us, and may God bless your week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your card, beautiful colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card...love the clean look and beautiful colors!! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "Happy Birthday" challenge and congrats on being our June Guest Designer!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another elegant card and wonderful color combination. The layered stamped flower is such a beauty. We are blessed that you joined us at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 145:18, "The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." Have an awesome day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!