Thursday, May 8, 2014

I thank my God

I am playing with some vellum today.  I think it adds a soft light touch to the card so I kept the colors very light.  I embossed the flowers in white on vellum and them colored the back side with some pink Spectrum Noir markers. I fussy cut out the flowers and placed them on top of some green vellum I had free handed cut a little twig with some leaves on it.  To keep the card light and airy, I used white organza ribbon on my tag based on Hero Arts Blog sketch #3.  Thanks for looking!

Diana Nguyen, ODBD, Our Daily Bread Designs, hero arts, scripture

Recipe:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and Flowers and ODBD Christian Flourished Symbols
Paper:  White and Floral green vellum, Recollection
Accessories:  Organza Ribbon and twine


sketch_challenge_500

Challenges I am playing in:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great technique. Thank you for sharing with us at HIMCR this week.
    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Diana. I love how it's a tag and a card, and the soft touches are stunning. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful scripture card in our challenge this week. I SO enjoy your art.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, The pink with the white is so delicate and so beautiful. A top notch card. Thank you for taking time to share with us today at Word Art Wednesday. Many Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, so soft and delicate.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, I have just started following you thru Feedly. Just spent an hour going back through your posts, very talented lady, love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I'm so happy you like my cards. ;) Hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  6. A beautiful card Diana, a fabulous design, I love the tag with lovely leaves and such pretty vellum flowers!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Diana! The sponged vellum flowers are stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Spring Flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana I have also the same stamp set...and yes this Dogwood Flower is lovely, and how clever you are to combine the HA challenge and the three things challenge on CASual friday...I love the Clean feeling on your card...really beautiful...Gorgeous card Diana...

    I just joining the CASual Friday challenge maybe you would like to see it on my Blog (to make it more easy to find it, my card is # 239)...would be glad if you leave me some love too...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!