Friday, May 2, 2014

Still on my butterfly obssession

I've recently discovered Jennifer McGuire's blog - I've seen her name before (so many wonderful crafters out there but so little time!) but this past couple of weeks I've been going through her archives and tutorials.  I just love her style!  I do have one problem though - she makes me want to go out and get whatever supplies she's using!  I've seen a couple of posts about her craft room and I just have to stop or my DH would cut me off the internet.  Be still, my OCD heart!

Diana Nguyen, Hero Arts, butterfly, watercolor, CAS, card

I've been on a watercolor kick (and butterfly) lately so I was inspired to use it to make a backdrop for my butterfly I had sponged and traced with the stardust pen.  Honestly, the most difficult part was trying to get the gold twine to look "natural!"

Recipe:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and Flowers
Inks:  SU Glorious Green, Memento Bahama Blue, and SU Lovely Lilac
Accessories:  Watercolors, gold twine, corner punch, pearls, Stylized Flowers embossing folder, and Sakura Star Dust pen

Challenges I am playing in:
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my I just browsed your latest posts, since I haven't had a chance to visit you, and your butterfly projects look amazing! I too, am into watercoloring very much. Your designs look crisp and alive so to speak, great job!

    Graciellie
    gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, this card looks soooo pretty! I really love the scattered pearls, they had just the right touch of 'bling', along with your gold cord. I bet the sparkle on the butterfly, from your Stardust pen, is just beautiful IRL. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love these colours. The gold on the butterfly looks amazing, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Diana, so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant Card. Really beautiful! Love the Colors so much. Thank you for joining us at ABNH Challenge 'Inspired by'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and lovely colors. TFS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful...it turned out really nice
    Well done Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!