Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cherry Blossom Happy Birthday


This week's  Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Design is to make a birthday card.  You can never have too many of those on hand so hope you can play along!  For my card, I used Recollection Markers to color my stamp so that I would not have any black lines.  Then I used some Copic markers to color the two copies my image.  My extra image I cut out the flowers and curled them with my stylus to give the flowers extra dimensions.  The branch were then popped up above the window made with circle dies.  The woodgrain background was framed with a sheet from ODBD Blushing Rose Collection that I colored over with the same green copic marker as the leaves.  The centers were dotted with liquid pearls.

Diana Nguyen, ODBD, Our Daily Bread Designs, Cherry Blossom, All Occasion Sentiments

Lots of depth for a CAS-looking card but I loved how it turned out.

Diana Nguyen, ODBD, Our Daily Bread Designs, Cherry Blossom, All Occasion Sentiments

Recipe:
Dies:  SB Standard Circles
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Wood Grain embossing Folder, Pink Liquid Pearls

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my talented challenge team sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here. You have until Sunday, June 29th to join us. For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.







5 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana, your elegant design is beautiful with the cherry blossom branch hovering over the cut-out circle with the textured background and lovely matting! Just add the birthday tag, and it's another one to have handy, which we do never seem to have enough...I agree! Such a perfect birthday card, sweet friend! It's so beautiful and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I love you coloring of the flowers an the great wood texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blossoms!! I love how you've stamped twice and popped them! Such a lovely card my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Diana! Love the fresh colors, textures and attention to details on the cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Diana - very stunning! Love the flowers with the circle panel in the background and the added embossing. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!