Friday, July 25, 2014

Having Fun with a Compass, Ruler, and a black pen

It's summer (still!) and instead of playing by myself in my craft room, I've been armed with my sketchbook, a compass, ruler, and a black pen while I have my boys home all day.  I've decided to name each sketch what I was doing while I was tangling.  :)  Enjoy a peak into my very exciting life.


Ngoc Ninh's high school graduation
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen


Taking a trip to Arkansas
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen


Waiting for N and E to finish dinner
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen


Listening to the boys read
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen


Listening to the boys practice piano
(or The Metronome is no Friend to a Migraine)
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen


Listening to the boys practice piano II
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen



Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen





 Waiting for E to finish lunch
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen




 Netflix binge watching 
Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen

This one is my favorite Zentangle so far.

Zentangle, compass, Diana Nguyen



Thanks so much for looking!  Truly, discovering Zentangle has been wonderful for my sanity.  Hope you try it too!  

P.S. I do hope to figure out how to take better pictures of the pages in my sketchbook soon so apologies for the poor photography.




3 comments:

  1. Beautful zentangling! I've dabbled in it, but really should get back to it since it is a relaxing thing to do.

    I found your site via SCS's Zentangle tutuorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and thanks for letting me know how you found my site. Hope you have a chance to do some tangling soon.

      Delete
  2. Diana, these are amazing. I've tried to do the 'tangle, but all my drawings look awful. I'm the only person I know that can make a stick person look dead! I cannot draw for anything. You truly inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!