Friday, August 22, 2014

Ombre

I'm so thankful to be able to play along in some challenges again!  It really does get the mojo going.  The challenge at A Blog Name Hero is to incorporate ombre into a card.  I thought a nice sky using the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch this week would work well.  But then I decided that a die cut featuring some Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade would make a nice contrast... it didn't look as I quite imagined until I added another die cut as a white shadow.  So two layers of ombre in differing directions with a bright butterfly (ombre too!) made a nice centered layer I thought.


Diana Nguyen, Memory Box Fresh Foliage, Hero Arts, Ombre

After I had die-cut my leaves out, I thought the negative was too pretty to toss so I made another card using it:


Diana Nguyen, Memory Box Fresh Foliage, Hero Arts, Ombre


Recipe:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and SU! Perfectly Penned
Inks:  Tim Holtz Tumbled Grass, Peacock Feathers, and Squeezed Lemonade






Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely, I love BOTH cards!!! So very striking, STUNNING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are stunning! Love the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us at Case This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used both the positive and negative pieces on the cards. Really gorgeous cards!! I love your take on the CTS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are so pretty! Wonderful takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are gorgeous! Amazing how different they can look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards! Love how you used the negative piece for your second one.
    Thanks for linking these up at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!