Tuesday, September 23, 2014

CCNS51: Thanks to the Lord


Hello, there!  I am still loving my Impression Obsession Little Small Leaf Set!  For this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such to add warm and fall colors to our plaid, I started by embossing my background with a plaid design.  To make my leaves, I used watercolor paper and did a colorwash on them with some fall colors.  After it was dried, I swiped Tim Holtz Antique Bronze Distressed Stain over my dried paper to give the leaves a little extra shimmer.  Then I die cut them several times with my small leaf set and used some small Joy! foam pads to pop up a few leaves.  Finally,  I embossed my sentiment in black detail embossing powder and used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to cut out my verse from ODBD Cherry Blossom stamp set.  I left it in the die to sponge around the corners to define the edges to my embossed panel which was also popped up.  I hope you get to play in the challenge this week!

Our Daily Bread Designs, Impression Obsession Small Leaf Set, Diana Nguyen


Recipe:
Inks:  watercolors and  Tim Holtz Antique Bronze Distressed Stain

Challenges I am playing in:




1 comment:

  1. Oh, Diana, this is stunning, and I LOVE your classy card indeed! Beautiful use of the branch and leaves, and I love this Scripture verse! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!