Wednesday, October 22, 2014

BFF


I used a couple of fun techniques on this card today.  To make my own background paper, I smooshed my distress ink pads and stains onto my craft paper and then laid my paper over it, moving it around until I had it covered pretty well.  Here are several tutorials on how to do that (Ink Spray Smash Technique HEREHERE).  The feathers were made using paper made with watercolors while the hexagons were made with ink pads and stains instead of sprays... same method though.  I also did a  little bit of inlaid die-cutting.

Diana Nguyen, MFT Hexagons, Quietfire Designs, CAS, feather, card

Recipe:
Dies: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Feathers, MFT Hexagon borders and Blueprints 15
Inks:  Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, Antique Linen, Broken China, Picked Raspberries, Antique Bronze stain


       

Challenges I am playing in:

4 comments:

  1. Wow Diana, this turned out really pretty! I love all the blended colors!! The feathers are the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on the sketch! Love the elegant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card for a friend!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!