Tuesday, November 4, 2014

O Holy Night

For the first ODBD Shining the Light Challenge in November to make a Holiday card, I made a Christmas card.  O Holy Night is one of my two favorite Christmas songs ever!  The other is O Come, O Come Emmanuel is the other if you really want to know.  :)  And of course, it was running through my head as I made this card.  I made the background by clear embossing snowflakes from the Sparkling Snowflakes set and then sponging with distress inks.  Then I used a small brush to splatter some perfect pearls.  The largest die from the new die set Flourished Star Pattern is perfect for a background panel - it's just the right size to leave a nice mat on an A2 card and is perfectly pierced - something that's SO hard for me to do. I cut off the leaves from my Fancy Foliage Flourish - it made me think of a cold gust of wind.  The silver card stock of course refused to photographed properly - trust me, it's a cool wind and not smoke!  :)


Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, Christmas

Recipe:
Stamps:  ODBD Sparking Snowflakes and Snowflake Stars
Inks:  Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean
Accessories:  Sequins and Perfect Pearls


And make sure you check out my fellow CT sisters for more wonderful inspiration:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until November 16, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.


Challenges I am playing in:



9 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana, what a beautiful card! How cute about the swirls!! They definitely look cold gusts of wind and are always so much prettier IRL! I love the background effect you've achieved with the distress inks and how you've added the sequins! And your focal image is beautiful and reminds me of both of these two songs, which I so love having in my head to sing alone! It's that time of year, my friend!! Thanks for sharing another one of your beautiful cards...God has truly blessed you with a special gift! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is so pretty!! amazing background technique, it is so bright and beautiful and it goes so wonderfully with this amazing verse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Diana!! Gorgeous card!! I so love your use of the embossed resist background with the stars and distress inks!! So vibrant!! The added perfect pearls, sequins, and your design is over the top!! Lovin' the blue!! Stunning Christmas card!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear friend! Do you know how much I love those colors together!!! Oh just gorgeous!! Love your sentiment/song! Love your beautiful white snowflakes and silver flourishes too! Everything is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blues are magnificent, the snowflakes so pretty and the sentiment has me singing and thinking of many a Christmas past. Thank you for posting this wonderful art with us this week during our 156th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is STUNNING, Diana. I feel so blessed to have met you and to have you share your amazing art in our challenges. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. I hope you'll stop by to visit me when you can, Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana this card is breathtakingly awesome! I LOVE your background, absolutely stunning! Love the snowflakes and the fancy foliage. You're so talented! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Diana! Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your background Diana and how the Fancy Foliage adds to the movement of the snowflakes! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!