Friday, December 19, 2014

CCNS Watercolor Chickadee

Here's another card I made with no-line watercoloring.  This image just works so well!   Starting with the base layer which was cut with the large stitched die from MFT Blueprint 13, I used Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil with Dreamweaver's white embossing paste to stencil in just a corner of the layer.  While that was drying, I stamped the chickadee image from Our Daily Bread Design You will find Refuge set in Distress Ink Tea Dye on watercolor paper. Then I used my Koi watercolors to color it in.  Since Distress Inks are water soluble, it blends right in with the watercoloring.  After that was dry, I die cut out the image with a die from MFT Blueprint 13.  To mat the tag, I traced the die on dark brown card stock and fussy cut it out.  I popped up the tag with small Joy! foam pads and added a mini tag using the Thank You from ODBD Ornate Frame Sentiments in Versafine vintage sepia ink.


Diana Nguyen, stencil, Tim Holtz, Our Daily Bread Designs, Chickadee, Classy Cards n Such

Recipe:
Inks:  Distress Ink Tea Dye and Versafine Vintage Sepia
Dies:  MFT Blueprint 13 and ODBD Mini Tag Dies
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil, Dreamweaver's white embossing paste, Koi watercolors, and  twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!