Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Magic of Christmas

I've loved this stamp ever since Verve came out with this a couple of years ago.  It's something I try to impress on my kids but it's pretty hard to see past wish lists!  Here I've combined this wonderful saying with the manger image from Weary World.  I colored this image with Copic markers but now for a confession.  I got some ink on my finger, didn't realize it and put a tiny part of my fingerprint on the corner of the card.  But not wanting to start over, I decided to sponge the edges of the layer with distress ink Tea Dye... which meant I had to ink up the edges of the other layers too!  Not as clean as crisp as I had originally planned but I kind of like it.  I'm just glad I was able to use some of my designer papers - always have a hard time with patterned paper.  What do you think of my card?   And let me know if you come up with any ideas to center Christmas around Christ and not just presents! We already do the Advent reading, deciding what to give to Jesus (cause He has a stocking on the mantel also)...

Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Verve, manger, weary world, Peace on Earth, card

Recipes:
Ink:  Distress Ink Tea Dye and Colorbox black pigment ink
Dies:  MFT Blueprint 15, Poppy Stamps Small Blooming Poinsettia
Paper:  Recollections Botanical Noel, Rustic Luxe, DCWV Old World Stack
Accessories: Gold glitter, gold twine, MS branch punch, Copics


Challenges I am playing in:


4 comments:

  1. Hi Diana! What a GORGEOUS card. Your cards always amaze me, and I thank you for sharing with us in our challenge. It means so much to me to have you play along, and I hope your week is blessed!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. I need to chat with you, Diana. Could you please email me at:
    karen dot mycuprunnethover at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a well thought-out design, Diana! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge! I really love the inking for the warmth and textured look! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge! As for the the spirit of Christmas, it's important to remind them how blessed they already are...( I know it's easier said than done), but that is the truth and the only way! Wish you a happy Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Diana! The greenery under the poinsettia looks like real cedar. The tree is pristine. What a lovely work of art. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Advent Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Most of my cards get sponged because of rogue fingerprints too! Love the idea of a stocking for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!