Saturday, December 6, 2014

Verve Manger tag

Welcome to Verve's Holiday Release Retrospective Blog Hop! The Verve Divas and special guests are hopping today and serving up some more inspiration using our Holiday Release stamps & dies! Besides a look-see at some really lovely cards, there's also a comment prize up for grabs!

 If you've come from the talented Amber's blog, you're in the right place. If you just happened upon the hop, you can check the hop list below to get caught up.

For my card today, I made a tag with my favorite image from the release:  the manger from the Weary World set.  I started by embossing the image in black and then watercoloring - so easy to stay in the lines because of the raised embossing.  I used the matching Starry Stable die to cut it out and popped it up on a tag I had embossed some white stars and sponged with distress ink Salty Ocean.  

Diana Nguyen, Verve, Weary World, manger, christmas, card

Finally I did stitched around my base layer and added some sequins.  


Diana Nguyen, Verve, Weary World, manger, christmas, card

Recipe:
Paper:  Neenah White and black (Recollection)
Ink:  black (Versafine) and watermark (Versamark)
Accessories:  Corner rounder (Fiskars), Starry Stable Die (Verve A Cut Above), black embossing powder, Silver floss (DMC), Shine Bright sequins (Verve)

My second card for this hop uses Psalm 119:105 Plain Jane.  I used the largest banner die to cut it out.  I added a doily and a cross from the Weary World for some embellishments.  Hope you like the cards! Next on the blog is Charmaine!
Verve, Weary World, Psalm 119:105, Scripture, Diana Nguyen

Recipe:
Paper:  Simple Stories
Ink:  black (Versafine) and watermark (Versamark)
Accessories:  Doily, Starry Stable Die and Banner Bundle die set (Verve A Cut Above), white embossing powder


Day 3 Hop List
1. Julee7. Charmaine
2. Laurie8. Teresa
3. Chaitali9. Andrea
4. Marisa10. Christyne
5. Amber11. Maureen
6. Diana12. Nancy

Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win a $50 gift voucher to Verve! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the details.



29 comments:

  1. Adorable manger under the pretty sponged, starry night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are so beautiful. I love your watercoloured manger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tags are in this year. Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful. Love the simplicity of the first card, with just a bit of color on the tag. On the second card, the doily really helps bring attention to the cross. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous designs! I especially like the repetition of that doily pattern on your second card. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards - love the clean, crisp look, the doily, and the sweet manger scene.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Diana! Love the scene you created on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lovely manager scene. The cross on the doily is beautiful! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the manger scene too. I do not know if I like this set better or the verse stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo . . . two beautiful cards! I really love that adorable manger set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are so pretty! I love the manger scene! Beautiful sky! Love the Bible verse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both so beautiful, Diana! Love that starry sky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your WONDERFUL cards.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two very beautiful cards! The papers on the second card are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful and meaningful cards - I really like the sponged sky on the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cards...love the manger scene.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are so pretty. I love the spiritual emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these cards are so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love the simplicity and beauty of these!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    Christmas GIVEAWAY at http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty tag and a great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards...love the tag element on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what gorgeous cards. I love the lacey background on the second card, but I have to admit that the first card (especially the tag) is my favourite. You've created such a beautiful starry sky for the nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Christmas card! I also love this set as well

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so gorgeous! Especially like that manger scene.

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is my favorite image also!! beautiful card with tag..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that manger with the bright blue sky with the stars and the sequins on that white stitched background. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!