Friday, January 23, 2015

CAS Hello

Kids had another snow day earlier this week so here is my CAS card (I prefer to craft alone and in peace).  You could say that my snowflake embossed background was inspired!  :)  I wanted to make a card to a friend near Valentine's Day so I used some Pucker Me Pink craft sheet from Add A Little Dazzle.  I just think pink is friendlier than red.  The hearts were two of the smaller dies from ODBD Ornate Hearts Dies and the Simon Says Stamps hello word die was cut from metallic silver card stock.

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, Ornate Hearts, snowflake emobssing folder, Simon Says Stamp, hello die

I had mentioned earlier that cutting the craft metal sheets were so much easier if I glued them onto card stock first.  I had run out of my Crystal Effects and had purchased some Tombow Mono Aqua Glue a while back.  I LOVE my Tombow glue runners and buy them in bulk (www.Officesupply.com is the cheapest I've found) but I was really disappointed with this liquid glue.  After I had die cut the heart, the craft metal sheet just popped right off the card stock - which now had a shiny sheen of dry glue on there.  The Scor-tape, Crystal Effects, and glue runner all worked much better.  Just thought I'd share my experience!  

Challenges I am Playing in:



4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, love those hearts. Thank you so much for joining in with CASology this week. You should also link up your card to the Uniko Studio Challenge, the theme is 'love and friendship'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those metallic pink love hearts are such a lovely touch to this beautiful embossed card! Thanks so much for playing at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely effect on the backbround makes your images pop out even more!!!
    Thanks for joining in this week at the friend cue at CASology - So glad that you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Diana, I love your background and hearts.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!