Thursday, April 16, 2015

Let's get together

Hi!  I hope it's warming up wherever you are.  Soon it will be nice enough to grill outside and that means get togethers with friends!  I made this fun card while chatting with a friend.  We just die-cut the Poppystamps Teapot Stack with scrap papers I had and then pieced them together.  It was a lot of brainless fun - not too much thought went into how we put them together.  But we were doing something while talking so that counts as being productive, right?  We glued them onto the fishtail banner from MFT Blueprint 13.  Later I took my Twinkling H2O's Thankful set to make my watercolor background.  I tried to use colors similar to the teapots.  Just placing the layer on the black card base was too boring so I cut it into two and adhered them as you see here.  I thought it added more interest.  What do you think?   I then used silver detail embossing powder on my sentiment from Verve's Sip and Savor set.  I used a circle punch and tucked it under the fish tail banner.

Oh!  Here's a tip I found when working with watercolor paper that is all warped.  It's usually thicker than my card base so the base usually ends up warping after I adhere the pieces together or there will be pockets where they just don't stick well together.  I found that running the base layer with the  watercolor background glued on through my Big Shot with all the tabs down and the 2 acrylic plates  sandwich (no dies or embossing folders) really flattens out everything beautifully - and those layers are definitely stuck together now!  Let me know if it works for you!

Diana Nguyen, Poppystamps, Verve, teapot, stack

Challenge I am playing in:





1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a message!