Thursday, July 23, 2015

Peek a boo Butterflies

As promised, here is the card I made using the Impression Obsession Square Cutout Border where the background peeks out.  I made my background by using watercolor paper and spritzed it with water using my mini spritzer so that I could control the amount of water I put on there.  I then used 3 colors from my color burst collection:  Pthalo Green, Ultramarine Blue, and Violet.  I love how vibrant the colors are and it's so fun to see the colors just come alive when it touches water.  While I set that aside to dry, I used the largest rectangle in the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to create my top white layer. I then cut out my squares with the Impression Obsession Square Cutout Border.  

I didn't know it when I ordered the Memory Box Rhone butterfly but it does not cut the butterfly completely out.  The wings are cut but the abdomen portion is still attached.  It's very easy to snip the butterfly out if you want it to be free floating but I just love it that is is still attached.  I didn't have to worry about gluing it down or that it might shift or fall off in the mail. The body is a separate die and I did glue that over the wings. I also added Open Scroll Leaf by Impression Obsession in two shades of green out of adhesive card stock by DCWV.  I then adhered the top layer and the watercolor layer using Scor-tape to make sure everything stayed down.

Best part about this card?  It only took 15 minutes to make if you didn't account for the drying time since I didn't have to glue down the butterflies or the leaves (adhesive card stock!!! Totally forgot I had those!) it all came together very quickly.


Diana Nguyen, Memory Box, butterfly, Impression Obsession, Square Cutout
I was so pleased with how easy it was to use the butterfly this way that I added one to the inside of my card.  ;)






4 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a message!