Monday, September 14, 2015

CCNS102: Color Blocks Thanks

Hello!  Diana here to show you my take on this week's challenge at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.  I just love the colors and textures in the inspiration photo.  I first embossed a die-cut made with the large stitched die from MFT Blueprint 13 with a chevron embossing folder.  I then stacked the colors from the inspiration photo onto a sheet of typing paper and die-cut the large banner from the same MFT Blueprint 13 set.  I used the Memory Box Fresh Foliage twice - once on the color block tag and another on white card stock so that I could piece them back together for an in-laid die-cut.  I love it that the Fresh Foliage extends beyond the tag.

Tip: I found an easier way to do the in-laid die-cutting.  I used to glue all the pieces down individually.  Now I use a thin sheet of typing paper and cover it with an adhesive... using Scor-tape around the edges and anywhere there might be smaller pieces.  I then alternate between the background pieces and the actual die-cut so that I don't mess up my spacing.  Any tiny pieces that I might not adhere well, I add a bit of Art Institute glue. After all that work - you don't want any pieces falling off in the mail!  

My last bit of embellishment is to add a Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks covered in ultra thick embossing powder.  I'm in love with that stuff!


Color Block, Memory Box, Diana Nguyen, Fresh Foliage, Lawn Fawn



Challenges I am playing in:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!