Monday, October 26, 2015

CCNS108 : Cardinal Christmas

Good afternoon!  I made for another Christmas card for this week's "Add a bird or squirrel" challenge at CCNS.  I went with birds since I wanted to make a Christmas card.  But as you can see, this is a green Christmas, definitely not white!

I started with the largest die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. It gives a perfect 1/16 inch matting for the white stitched layer using MFT Blueprint 13.  I also matted the fishtail banner.  Instead of using the birds from the Poppystamps Serendipity Bird Frame, I used the Poppystamps Cheery Cardinals to match all the touches of red I have throughout the card.  The sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy's We Three Kings was stamped and embossed with white detail embossing powder and cut using the bracket banner from the same MFT Blueprint 13 set.  Finally, I added some Impression Obsession Evergreen Trees cut from watercolor paper with watercolor brush pens.  The largest one was popped up with a couple of small Joy! foam pads and hangs over the banner just a bit.  


Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Poppy stamps, Impression Obsession, card

Thank you so much for looking and  I hope you get a chance to play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!