Tuesday, October 18, 2016

New York inspired fall

Do you remember the wedding scene in Sweet Home Alabama where all the guests from New York were dressed in black?  I thought that was hilarious and that scene came to mind when I read the challenges for the Falliday Fest over at Splitcoaststampers.  So here my 3 cards for the first three challenges all using dies from Quietfire Design:



For Lydia's challenge Start Spreading the News, I sponged fall colors on white card stock and then stamped some French text on top of the colors.  I then popped up a negative layer of a leaf die cut on top of it and added a Merci die cut  to continue with the French text.





Continuing with my black background, I used the same die to mask the same distress inks for Dina's Masquerade challenge.  I used the Hello die cut on some pewter metal craft sheet and popped up a leaf on this card.




On this last card, I used Impression Obsession's Wheat Die on yellow card stock and sponged the edges in Marmalade Orange.  I did the same for the Thanks die cut and added some ultra thick embossing powder on the die cuts.  I decided to use some burlap behind the Thanks.

Hello - Metal Cutting Die   



Merci - Metal Cutting Die



Thanks - Metal Cutting Die






Challenges I am playing in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!