Saturday, February 18, 2017

Brrrr... it's cold outside!

We've been having typical Virginia weather here - 30s on Monday, 60s on Wednesday, and back to 30s with a chance of snow on Friday.  I will take snow over wind any day though!

To bring on the snow, I've made this card and I hope you can feel the chill in the air.  I first sponged a blue background on a smaller rectangle using Distress Inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, and Salty Ocean - yep, I couldn't decide on a blue!) and a white gel pen to add dots of snow.

The cardinal (from Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Birds)  was cut out of red card stock and Copic markers were used to give the wings and body some definition.  I used a gold Wink of Stella brush for the beak.  He's sitting on a branch that's wedged on the Brrrrr.




Quietfire Design, Brrrr and Snowflake, ECD Garden Birds, Cardinal, Diana Nguyen


He's so cute and looks all fluffed up to ward against the cold.




A Way With Words, Brrrrr


Thank you so much for looking and hope you are enjoying whatever weather you are having!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!