Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Always here for you


Do you enjoy making your own flowers?  Though more time consuming, it's a great technique to learn because you can color match so much easier when you make the flowers yourself.  For this card, I made small buds with the Rose die against a white on white Lattice Background.  To make the rose, I use the smallest dies on yellow card stock and sponged the edges with an orange ink.  I then curled the petals and used a green semi-circle to anchor the petals.  I added a sentiment from To My Friend framed using the Squares die and  Pierced Squares dies with matching yellow/orange tones.  The Fancy Foliage die is a perfect "vine" for the flowers to bloom upon.

Finally, I added a pop of the complimentary color purple by adding a butterfly using the Fancy Fritillary die.  I love how this card turned out even though yellow and orange may be my least favorite colors.  :)



I hope you can play along with this month's challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge:  

Spring has Sprung- Create your own die cut flowers

.  And if you'd like more inspiration, please check out by my talented Challenge Team sisters ChrisJulie, and Robin.  Remember that you have until April 30 to link to the ODBD blog.

Challenges I am playing in:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!