Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Smile! with Quietfire and Altenew

I recently got the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (oh, Amazon Prime, you are dangerous!) and of course wanted to try it out immediately.   I decided to case this magnificent coloring from Pinterest post by Marika from Altenew.  I have also loved the use of the white colored pencil on kraft paper so I wanted to do that too!  I've got a long way to go on learning how to use colored pencil (mainly, slowing down!) but it's a fun medium that brings me back to coloring as a kid.  I had always preferred colored pencils over crayons.





I stamped the leaves and flowers with Antique Linen distress ink which would be blended in once I started coloring.  I did not like the way the leaves were stamped below the flowers so I trimmed them off.  I then popped up the kraft layer with the flowers and leaves on top of a white card base and added a word die to the top.  For the "Smile!" I carefully removed the "s" and added the exclamation mark from Calligraphic Elements 1.  


Sweet Smiles - Metal Cutting Dies


Calligraphic Elements 1 - Metal Cutting Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!