Friday, November 23, 2018

Advent Gable boxes

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family/friends and that you ate your fill (and perhaps more!)  The day after Thanksgiving is not Black Friday for me (I hate shopping) but the official start of the Christmas season.  Though it seems I decorate earlier and earlier each year, I don't have to justify it any after Thursday.  :)

This year I started very early because the design team at Quietfire inspired me to make Advent boxes with the Gable box die.  25 boxes!  It went together very fast because I did not make them very fancy - I just gathered every little Christmas/Winter die or die cut I had - and I had a lot apparently.  Here they are lined up on the mantel.  The big white numbers are die cuts from Lawn Fawn Louie's 123.

 

A closer look at my arrangement.



So funny story - we had bought a second smaller tree a couple of years ago for my boys to decorate with all their ornaments from school and other craft times.  Of course, these ornaments would not be in gold, red, or silver which is the theme of the "big" tree.  So this second tree would be where those went - but this year I commandeered even that tree and decided it would house the advent boxes better than the mantel would!  Fortunately, they are boys so they did not care much as what is under the tree is much more important to them.  So here are the same boxes on a Christmas tree!



In case you're wondering what are in those boxes, they contain our Christmas to-do list... things to do every day as we count down to the 25th.


The children are about to experience firsthand how grammar and spelling is very important.  The 25th is of course "Open presents" but someone forgot an "s!"  Should I leave it as is or warn them?  Haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!