Monday, July 15, 2019

Summer Fun cards

I am so ready for the beach - it is my happy place and I wanted to make a couple of cards to thank the owners of the condo we would be staying in later this month.  I kept the cards simple but with lots of die cuts.  The 

The first one is a regular 4.25" x 5.5" card and I used different shades of blue for my ocean. I added a layer of sand for my beach chair to go on and sponged a bit on the torn edges to give it a bit of interest.  Adding some brown dots just to make sure you know it's sand!  :)


I liked how the card turned out but it was just a wee bit crowded for me.


So I changed the size of the card to a 5" x 7".  I simplified the ocean and added some clouds to the sky instead.  Now I had room for two chairs under the umbrella and a pop of red with the sailboat.

Which do you like better?


I find it interesting in the pictures that you can't tell one is card is larger than the other until you look at the word die cuts and see how they fit on one card versus the other.  I hope that gives you some ideas on die combinations and space!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!