Sunday, November 15, 2020

Christmas decor with cabinet sample

Today I am part of a group post over on Elizabeth Craft Designs that is sure to get you in the mood to craft for Christmas.    My project uses a cabinet front sample I got off from Facebook marketplace.  It's about a square foot made with a beautiful dark wood.  I added pretty much what would otherwise be a very large card front to the center of it.  It's a great way to put some serious weight to transform a card to a major decor piece.



If you saw my post from yesterday, you will see many of the same elements today.  All those extra cuts put me in the mood to make yet another wreath.  I added the bright green sprig to my wreath but the holly and berry are the same as those in the swag yesterday. (No pinecones on this project though).


I used an older Through the Lens Wood designer paper from Elizabeth Craft Designs but the beautiful new set would be perfect too.  This one was 6x6 and I decided to use the whole thing.  I traced a big circle in the center of the sheet as a guide for my wreath using a large die (a small teacup plate works great also.)  For my big statement, I die cut the Peace on Earth with white card stock 5 times.  I then used the Modern Gilding Powder Diamond Glass twice for a very smooth enamel look.  I added one layer of black slightly offset to make sure the flourished center is more legible since the background is busy with the wood grain.  I matted this on black card stock and then a thinner matting with kraft paper.


My final touch was a red bow - also layered and with a white offset.


Thank you so much for looking and I hope you enjoy all the Christmas projects today.  Happy crafting!





Create A Wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!