Thursday, April 17, 2014

You are Fabulous

I am so excited to be a guest designer this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!  It's a joint challenge with Runway Inspired Challenge so there is a lot of inspiration to go around.  I am a huge fan of black and white with a splash of color (usually red) so this card came together very quickly for me.  I love the patterned bottom combined with the flowery top.  

Here's my take:

Diana Nguyen, Verve, CAS, card


I am quite excited about my big red flower - it's actually a scallop die.  I got the idea from Amber from Damask Love (warning: do not visit unless you have a couple of hours because you will want to read every one of her post!).  Her daisy punch had an even number of scallops but I had an odd number so I just cut into the grooves and then used my stylus to curl up the petals.  I love it when I find another use for my dies.  To cut the large circle, I used a craft knife and a saucer from the kitchen.  :)

I had so much fun with this card that I made a couple more.  Do you ever get stuck with a new technique and then want to try some variations on it immediately?  At first I had curled the petals down - so I had to try to curl it up. Then maybe sponge the center and try a button or some glitter... So much fun!  And tilt the kraft knife so you can mat the circle... I'm going to end up with a whole set of notecards!

Diana Nguyen, Verve, CAS, card

Diana Nguyen, Verve, CAS, card

Which one is your favorite?

Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Fabulous You
Paper:  DCWV Forever & Always Stack , SU! Cherry Cobbler, pink and yellow cs


                

Challenges I am Playing In: