Monday, May 5, 2014

Butterfly Flourish

I only have 4 Tim Holtz Distress Inks but I've been learning and watching what you can do with these and it seems like there are no "wrong" colors to combine.  So here I embossed a script stamp from Hero Arts and sponged the paper all over with Antique Line and Tattered Rose.  I loved the look of the white words and watercolor background of Jennifer McGuire's creation here.  This is definitely not a color combo I would ordinarily chose but that's the beauty of having 4 ink pads (two of which are very close shades of blue!) - there's a limit to choices and that really helps sometimes. A bit of water spatter and I do like the vintage antique look that resulted.  I sponged the butterfly in the same color but then added SU Rose Romance to the edges so it would pop more.  Thanks for looking!

Diana Nguyen, Hero Arts, card

Recipe:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and Old French Writing
Ink: Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Tattered Rose
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Foliage Flourish

Challenges I am Playing in: