Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


I have some great news to share:  I'm joining Classy Cards 'n Such Design Team!  I've had such great fun being a guest designer this month and am honored that Beverly has asked me to stay on.

On to this week's challenge:  Today I want to share with you a baby card I made that didn't use the normal pastel color palette.  But this verse is one I always associate with new precious bundles of joy.  Everything about babies are just about perfect - those beautiful eyes, cute nose, toothless grins, and oh, baby feet!  Yes, they are definitely wonderfully and divinely made.  

For my background, I used the Texture Wave stencil from Classy Cards 'n Such.  I sponged it using Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade and Broken China.  I cut a couple of Memory Box Vivienne Butterfly to go behind the window I made with the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics.  I embossed the verse in white on vellum to place in my frame.  I love the look of vellum and this window is one of the easiest way I've found to use it without worrying that the adhesive is showing.  The 1/8 Scor-tape is perfect for gluing the vellum onto the frame (and anything else detailed). And what's a baby card without a few buttons?  

Diana Nguyen, card, Verve, scripture, baby, butterfly

I also used the Sakura Star Dust pen to trace my butterfly and added a pink mini rose bud to the center of the butterfly.

Diana Nguyen, card, Verve, scripture, baby, butterfly

Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Wonderfully Made and Hero Arts Antique Butterflies
Dies:  MB Vivienne Butterfly and Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics
Accesories:  Memory Box Texture Wave Stencil, Pink Mini Rose Buds,and Sakura Star Dust pen 

And remember, you can use the code DIANAN-10 (All caps, no spaces) to get 10% off your purchase.  I hope you can play along with this week's CCNS38 Baby card challenge!

Other Challenges I am Playing in:




3 comments:

  1. Butterflies and buttons on such a pretty card. We appreciate that you have taken time to share with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats...what a great shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful! Love the fantastic technique you used! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!