Monday, June 23, 2014

Zentangle

With the kids out of school, I haven't had much time to play in my craft room.  But Zentangle is something that I can do anywhere for any amount of time from 30 seconds to an hour... while I listen to the kids practice piano or make sure they are cleaning! But be careful, it can be addictive!

Diana Nguyen, zentangle, pigma micron

Diana Nguyen, zentangle, pigma micron

As fun as it is, I would like to do something with them than just keep them into a sketchbook.  So I cut up the first one into 4 (conveniently cutting out that part I messed up on because that is ALL I could see whenever I looked at it) and made them into notecards.  The pages in my sketchbook were not pure white so I used ivory cardstock which is a bit darker than I would like.  *sigh*

Diana Nguyen, zentangle, pigma micron

So should I cut up the rest of my Zentangles?  
Thanks so much for looking!



8 comments:

  1. Your zentangles are gorgeous Diana! Sad to cut them up - but they do make great cards! They turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is hard to cut up so thank you for the enouragement!

      Delete
  2. Diana, your zentangles are so eye catching. They make the most amazing notecards. Cut them up and share your wonderful talent. Imagine getting one of those in the mail or a set as a gift, wow, just mind blowing. Too beautiful not to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your kind comments, Aileen! If you message me at dmthua@yahoo.com your snail mail address, I'd love to send you a set as a thank you for all your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Wow Diana! These are outstanding! I salute your zentangle talent......Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Beautiful!! Okay, I can't think of enough words but wow, your zentangles are gorgeous! They would even look great with one in a frame and then another cut up and framed around it. I bet that would make a pretty wall setting. Love how it turned out with the 4 cards also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just gorgeous Diana...love the look and I really want to give it a try. Any tips about getting started?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make sure you have a great pen like the Pigma Micro. It dries beautifully and quickly and you don't have to worry about smearing the ink. I googled "Zentangle Patterns" to get ideas on different patterns and designs. Tanglepatterns.com is also helpful. I found circles more helpful than strings though.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!