Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stars and Stripes

One of the Lord's biggest blessing in my life has been to make me a first generation American.  Our family is one of many "boat people" from Vietnam and I am truly grateful to be living here in the land of the brave and free.  So this abbreviated verse is perfect my stars and stripe card based on Classy Cards 'n Such Inspiration challenge.  It's also a wonderful blessing for all who have served or are serving our country.


Diana Nguyen, scripture, Our Daily Bread Designs, stars and stripes

I'm still playing with my embossing paste and stencils.  This time, I used white embossing paste with my Texture Wave stencil.  After I removed the stencil and while the paste was still wet, I poured silver embossing powder over my paste.  I then tapped off the excess and waited 15 minutes (?) for the paste to dry a bit and then used my heat gun to melt the embossing powder.  It gave the embossed powder some extra dimension.  I then used my A2 Matting Basics to cut out a section of my waves (calling it stripes here to go with my theme).  The A2 Matting Basics is great for seeing the exact section you want to cut out without wasting (I used to just trim until I got it right - which is sometimes smaller than what I wanted!).  I die cut some stars out of blue and red cardstock and popped those up on foam and dimensional tape.  Hope you find new ways to play with your embossing paste!

Recipe:
Stamps:  ODBD Christian Flourished  Symbols
Dies:  Verve Starry Dies,  Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics

Challenges I am Playing In:


And remember, you can use the code DIANAN-10 (All caps, no spaces) to get 10% off your purchase.  Have a wonderful day!








1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this, Diana. I've actually been singing this song (sentiment) all morning, I've been singing it in my mind. "The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord lift His countenance upon you, and be gracious unto you." Thanks for sharing this AMAZING patriotic card in our challenge this week. And GOD BLESS YOU always!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!