Friday, August 8, 2014

CCNS44: Hello


Hi, everyone!  This week' challenge at CCNS is to use the negative of your die which I think is just a great way to make your dies go further.  It also makes for less scrap too which is a bonus in my book.  My card this week is very CAS but still packs a punch.  First, I made the marble-swirly background paper  by dabbing Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers distress ink and dabs of Antique Bronze and Brushed Pewter Distressed Stain on my craft sheet, spritzing it with water and then swirled my cardstock over the mixed inks (video tutorial here). I had done something similar for a tag earlier and had to try it again only this time I used the largest Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics die to trim it down.

For my top layer, I cut out the "hello" using Lawn Fawn's lowercase alphabet dies.  Then I stapled a little fishtail banner made out of vellum  and embossing in silver with a sentiment from ODBD Ornate Frame Sentiments.  Finally, I added some sequins around my sentiments to continue with the sparkly background.  

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, hello card, negative die cutting

Recipe:  
Dies:  Lawn Fawn QUINN'S ABC'S Lawn Cuts DiesSpellbinders A2 Matting Basics
Accessories:  Sequins, Silver embossing powder. and  Spritzer bottle

Challenges I am playing in:

 Thank you so much for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful CAS card Diana, just perfect for our challenge :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!