Monday, September 29, 2014

Letters

I love making cards (duh).  I also used to love writing letters.  But I've gotten pretty bad about it - email and facebook are so much faster and more convenient.  But my worst is the inability to put the card/letter in an envelope, address it, stick a stamp on it... and walk it to the mailbox.  I think there might be something wrong with me.  :)  

I usually make a card with someone in mind and have every intention of sending it to that person.  This one would work for so many! I extended the top flourish so that it looks like my feather is an old writing quill.  The feather was sponged in Going Grey and popped up with a little red heart.  I know the heart is not centered on the feather but it is along the vein - yeah, I struggled with where to put that heart! 


Diana Nguyen, Quietfire Designs, feather, card, calligraphy

Recipe:  
Dies:  Spellbinders Shapeabilities Feathers
Accessories:  Heart punch, Micron Pigma Pen

Challenges I am Playing in:


P.S.  I should probably mass produce this!  So many friends I want to keep in touch with!

7 comments:

  1. Diana, this is gorgeous! The white feather is stunning against white, and the red heart just pops! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card design! I really love this!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes week over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully crafted and the sentiment is just gorgeous, Diana! I wonder how many of us can say the same thing about sending the cards we make! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just perfect. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  5. W.O.W. Diana, this is one beautiful CAS design! I just love the black and white with the pop of red and that feather is gorgeous!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative and lovely, Diana. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I always greatly enjoy your cards, and just can't possibly thank you enough for sharing in our challenge.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for using the stamp! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!