Thursday, October 30, 2014

Candy Cane Swirl


I had so much fun making this for Classy Cards 'n Such:  Candy Cane inspired challenge.  Sometimes I take such challenges literally - it's just easier that way.  Haha!


I think the new Impression Obsession Christmas Icons are just the cutest little dies and are just so versatile.  Here I arranged the candy canes cut from red card stock into a circular shape on top of some card stock I ran through with a Tim Holtz holly embossing folder. Then I added the little Christmas tree at the center.  Everything looks better framed right?  This is no exception.  Here I made a nice wide frame using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and popped it up with small Joy! foam pads.  My sentiment from Verve is embossed with silver detail embossing powder.



Isn't that little tree just adorable?  I die-cut it eight times, stacked them up, and centered it within my candy cane swirl.  I then die-cut it out of the gold and silver  SB Precious Metals Craft Foil and used the negative die cuts to fill in the garland and ornaments. It's such a tiny bit but it packs a big punch, don't you think?


Thank you so much for looking and hope you get a chance to play along!

 Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Merry & Bright
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Holly embossing folder, SB Precious Metals Craft Foil, and silver detail embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!