Monday, October 6, 2014

Pink Christmas


Hi!  Today I am sharing with you my "Think Pink" card for Classy Cards 'n Such challenge in honor of Cancer Awareness Month.  I went with a pink and silver Christmas Card.  I die cut the Small Blooming Poinsettia by Poppy Stamps several times on watercolor paper.  Then I did a pink wash on each flower layer, curled it with my stylus, and then built it.  For the center stamens, I used silver detail embossing powder so that it would match my sentiment.  For the leaves, I placed the same silvery washi tape from my border on my watercolor paper before die-cutting.  I like to have the materials repeated somewhere on the card to tie it together.  It was all a little too plain until I decided on adding the Amira Flourish from Memory Box to ground my poinsettias.   After die cutting it from the  Pucker Me Pink Craft Metal Sheet, I cut the flourish in half and adhered the halves at right angles.  Finally, I brushed  some extra shimmer on with the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.  Thank you so much for looking!



Recipe:


Challenges I am playing in:

CHALLENGE 45

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!