Monday, November 17, 2014

Verve Guest Designer Day 1 - Christmas Shaker Card

Welcome to Verve's November 2014 Spotlight Hops!   

Verve Holiday Spotlight Hops

If you've come from the talented Amber's blog, you're in the right place. If you just happened upon the hop, you can check the hop list below to get caught up.

Imagine my sheer pleasure when in my inbox there was an email from Julee Tilman of Verve asking me to be a guest designer for this new release.  Verve is one of my very favorite stamp companies - which you can probably tell by the sheer number of cards I make with their products.  The graphics and fonts are just always wonderful.  

Over the next few days the Verve Divas and special guests will be spotlighting 3 new sets, a plain jane and 2 coordinating die sets! Everything previewed this week will be available in the Verve online store on Thursday, 11/20. So come hop along with us and see what's new at Verve!

Today's spotlight is shining on the Light My World set illustrated by Chaitali Narla and the new Holiday Sequin Mix.  Here's my card using these new goodies:

Verve, Light my world, Christmas, card, candle, Diana Nguyen

I must admit that while I was making it, I wondered how appropriate it was to combine candles and a shaker card.  But it's only an image and not a real flame!  So shake away!  To color the candles and flowers, I first embossed in gold and used copics to color the vellum underneath.  I squeezed a bit of my white Staz-On opaque refill onto my craft sheet to paint the candles.  I also do an extra set of poinsettias at the bottom so that I could fussy cut it and pop it up in front of the frame which is cut from gold craft metal sheets.  The sequins from the Holiday Mix are perfect colors to go with this card - so fun!



Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for a little more about our new products, an introduction of our 2 fabulous guest divas, and all the prize info and deadlines!
Light My WorldHoliday Sequin Mix


Day 1 Hop List
1. Julee7. Charmaine
2. Laurie8. Stacey
3. Chaitali9. Teresa
4. Marisa10. Andrea
5. Amber11. Nancy
6. Diana

Next on the hop is the creative 
Charmaine - you'll be inspired by what she's made!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Light My World
Paper:  Neenah White and SU Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Staz-On Opaque White
Dies:  Spellbinders Matting Basics A
Accessories:  Holiday Sequin Mix, foam tape, Copics and gold craft metal sheet