My craft desk is such a huge mess that I could no longer create in the little 4" x 5" clear space that I had left. The clear area has to be at least as big as a card! Otherwise I'll accidentally lay a stamped image on top of something like an open ink pad - not that that has ever happened! Right! So while clearing and sorting through the layers of stuff on my desk, I found a scrap sheet where I had smooshed together different Distress Inks and Stains. It looks like it had most of what I owned: Brushed Pewter, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Broken China, and Squeezed Lemonade. I just love how you can't go wrong mixing any of the distress inks/stains together. I die cut out 3 each of the PoppyStamps Cheviot Butterfly and Delaney Butterfly dies. I wanted to go for a more natural tone to let my bright butterflies shine so I used kraft card stock for my base layer. I used MFT Blueprint 13 for the large stitched rectangle and the curved tag on white card stock. For some texture, I used the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder and some green organza ribbon to tie it all together.
After adhering my butterflies to my tag, I used ice white Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add the butterfly bodies. LOVE this new step!
Hope you'll be seeing butterflies outside your windows soon! Don't forget that you can use the coupon code DIANAN-10 to the Classy Cards 'n Such on-line store for many of the items I used today.
Challenges I am playing in: